Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Gnu Bars Review!!

Gnu Foods is a small company that makes all natural, great tasting foods that help address specific nutritional needs and health conditions. It was founded in 2004 with the introduction of our first product, the Gnu Bar, a high fiber bar that promotes regularity and heart health. The people at the Gnu Foods was so nice and sent me a nice selection of bars to review! I was so happy to get my gnu bars in! I had seen these in Glamour magazine but have never tried them- the first one I tried was the cinnamon raisin bar, I have to tell you, it was so good! I felt like I was eating an oatmeal raisin cookie. Of course, I loved the chocolate brownie- I love chocolate and this bar did not dissapoint! It was great with a cup of coffee- I felt like I was having dessert, but without the sinful calories! I only ate a small piece of the peanut butter bar because I wanted to share with Reggie and that is his favorite- he gave it a 2 thumbs up and he is really picky so that tells you how good they are! I also tried the banana walnut which reminded me of banana bread and orange cranberry bar which was good also. In order of most fave to least fave:
1.) Chocolate Brownie
2.) Peanut Butter
3.) Oatmeal Raisin
4.) Banana Walnut
5.) Orange Cranberry
Check out the bars at http://www.gnufoods.com/
These bars are high in fiber - 12 grams fiber per bar! That is 50% of the daily value!
Vegan- no dairy/whey
Gnu Bars promote natural regularity and digestive health, gently and effectively Fiber helps lower cholesterol which is good for your heart Fiber absorbs and helps eliminate toxins from your body Fiber-rich foods aid in weight loss by making you feel fuller longer Only 130 - 140 Calories (varies by flavor) Great for our friends in the Weight Watchers® program ... do the math!
I didn't realize it worked for Weight Watchers peeps- I'll have to tell my Mother in law- she is in that program. I think she would like them. I will definitely buy Gnu bars again and recommend them to my friends and family.

0 comments:

 
Blog Template by suckmylolly.com : Header Image by Roctopus