Thursday, May 7, 2009

Let's Get Wild!!

So, yesterday was pretty uneventful- I did go to Big Lots with Mom and picked up two wedding shower gifts, wedding wrapping paper & bow, some badly needed clothes hangers and 2 photo albums. Mom bought me a Starbucks candy bar (that I didn't need) but I just took one teensy bite and saved the rest for Reggie. We stopped by BK so Mom could get a coffee, she offered me one, but I said no thanks- I'm really picky about what type of coffee I drink and BK just doesn't do it for me. I'm more of a Seattle's Best or Starbucks kind of gal or better yet just make it myself at home with the french press. Anyway, I was so tired for some reason, so I really didn't do much all day. Oh, I did make up the bed and put up some clothes, so there's that.
__________________________________
Today (Thursday) however, I've been SO busy! Trying to get everything done before the wedding-I had to try on several dresses, trying to choose one- I finally found one that I like! So that is done! Then I had to make a casserole for the reception (to help out the family so they don't have to do everything) so I decided (since I have a HUGE bag of mozzerella and a TON of eggs that I need to use) to make a Quiche for the reception and one for Reggie and also an Organic Chicken (hormone free) and penne casserole- which is baking as I type. I am also making a pasta salad for the reception- I do worry that things will get cold and have to be reheated- hopefully, they have an oven.
______________________________
This morning, Fed-ex brought me a package from Wild Bar- I was so excited to try these bars! Especially since they fit right into my raw diet! I was just going to TASTE each bar- but I ended up eating BOTH bars for breakfast! They were so good- I definitely felt energized after eating them- especially with the cacao which eliminated my usual mid-morning coffee refill! Plus, these bad boys are raw, organic AND have 14 g of fiber per bar!!
________________________________
A little about Wild Bar from their website:
The WILDBAR is a 100% raw, organic, Kosher, non-GMO, whole food "meal in a bar" that combines raw cacao with a proprietary 1,500mg blend of Ancient Sun's fresh-dried wild blue-green algae and wild blue-green algae extract, as well as with selected superfoods, herbs and spices (see ingredient list below). WILDBAR's benefits include: increased mental and physical energy, heightened clarity and attention, elevated mood and sense of well-being (due to the significant concentrations of phenylethylamine - PEA (30mg PEA per bar) - in the raw cacao and the wild blue-green algae), strengthened immune function, and enhanced joint flexibility. The only sweetener used is all natural, dark blue agave nectar, which has an extremely low glycemic index.
__________________________
People who would like Wild Bars:
• Consumers seeking a whole food "meal in a bar" that is delicious, nutrient-rich and 100% raw
• Athletes, adventurers, back country packers and other active people who need sustained energy• Raw food aficionados who also want healthy fats, sustained energy and great taste
• People who love the taste of rich, dark chocolate, but want a healthy alternative
• Diabetics who need healthy, low glycemic foods
• Individuals and families wanting outstanding nutrition in a single bar
• People who want over 50% of their RDA in fiber and/or B-12 in a great-tasting bar
• People who want Omega-3 heart-healthy benefits in every bite
• People looking for a nutrient-rich meal that elevates their mood and sense of well being
___________________________
These bars are awesome and I would love to buy them in the future- right now, the only downside that I see is that they are a little pricey- but if compared to eating out, this is definitely alot healthier and better for your money. So go check out http://www.wildbar.info/ today!

0 comments:

 
Blog Template by suckmylolly.com : Header Image by Roctopus